View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 08:27 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
Anyone else have the sensation that their feet are ice cold and yet are warm to the touch? I am sure it is PN but this weirdness just started a month ago. So annoying and I have to wonder if it will continue in the warmer months. Always something new with this beast.
Hi all.
Firstly, happy new year to you and all other members.
About the cold sensation in your feet, I too get it, even as we speak. It doesn't matter what the weather, I think it is part and parcel of the numbness etc; I've been 55 days sober as of today, (christmas has been easier than I thought), and I haven't noticed any improvement, or worsening of the pain. My GP has put me on 10mg Amitriptyline, one a day, but I am only 10 days in, so haven't really noticed any difference. One thing that the Doc said that did resonate with me was that none of it will ever be cured, but it's progression may be slowed. I suppose only time will tell.
Ironic event of the year? An Alcohol support worker turning up at my home, at 44 days sober, (and after countless referrals), offering me a place in a detox and rehab center, which I have been asking, or rather begging for, for months.
On the bright side, it's a new year, and it will turn out as good as I want it to be.
Hard graft and faith in ourselves is all we can do.
coopster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-02-2018), PamelaJune (01-01-2018), Wide-O (01-01-2018)