View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 03:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
As to long posts I have decided just to Keep It Simple and sweet. As to the amitriptyline I tried that with Gab but did not continue or do the follow up as I was actively drinking and got no relief. (dah). I suspect I will need revisit the drug therapy. I had hoped in abstinence I would have gotten some relief but none so far.
I'll just keep reminding you that I felt at my worst after 8 months sober, pain wise. When I was still drinking, I only felt pain until the first 3 whiskies were downed...

So, if you are saying "it's not better", that would mean it didn't get worse when you stopped drinking. That's a very good thing. I know it sounds boring or even "there he goes again ", but remember that the pictures of our friends above were after 5 and 6 years, and I still need medication to control my PN. It's nowhere near as bad as after 8 months, but it certainly is not gone, nor do I think it ever completely will. You will find a balance after a while between taking (some) medication, and living with a degree of discomfort (well, ... pain) that you can manage and won't bother you too much in your daily life.

We humans are flexible. There are athletes without legs who run 100 meters. It's about adapting and accepting that things have changed, and then to make the best of it, and even be proud that you manage after a while. Keep doing what you are doing (staying sober, looking for solutions), you will get there too.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (01-08-2018), ger715 (01-01-2018), PamelaJune (01-01-2018)