Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant@thetable View Post
I am experiencing lots of itching too. A couple of things that I pulled from my brain’s cobwebs that have helped decrease the itching- drink lots of fluids. Being dehydrated increases the itching. Also, temperature affects itching. Being hot or even warm can increase itching. I just gave up my electric blanket and the itching has eased. Lastly, it seems that my whole body went into itching overdrive. I can’t bathe or scratch the areas on my back but I did sponge off the rest of my body and applied moisturizer. That seemed to quiet the itching down a lot- including my back and incisional areas.
I am literally losing my mind at this point with the itching. It's definitely not too warm...its frigging cold in my house due to below zero temps and a 150 yr old house. Because of my itching though I've been not wearing any pants and pulling shirt up across my back because anything touching is causing me to lose it. I have red bumps all over the incision area plus on both legs and up to about middle of my back. I am hurting myself so bad with the scratching but I'm seriously losing it. Heading in to see my primary care for walk ins this morning. No lotions or moisturizers are helping. I had something similar years ago and it was caused by inflammation. With the incision i want to make sure it's not infection since that's where the bumps and itching started but I have a feeling that big it's just inflammation then there's not much they'll be able to do.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-19-2018)