Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I did have my implant at Rush. I am waiting to hear back from my rep too. I'm actually kind of surprised how little follow up I've had from everyone...but then again everything has been going really well for me so I guess it makes sense. I don't think I got a follow up call from my St. Judes rep after the permanent implant (I did get one from the Surgi Center)...I know I got a couple calls during the trial but not every day like she said it would be (but again...everything was going great so I guess it makes sense that I wouldn't be getting a ton of follow up).

The hydrocortisone doesn't seem to be helping much at all with the itching. I am at the point of almost scratching myself bloody...and you can imagine the RSD pain I am experiencing because of the itching...but if I don't scratch I am literally losing it. I finally managed to fall asleep last night and woke up less than an hour later scratching and the pain that resulted from that.

I hope it's not a staph infection...that would really stink. They said everything looked good on the 22nd when I went in for my follow up...but all this redness and stuff started after that (after they took off the dressings and put new steri strips on). Hopefully I get an answer soon or the antibiotics that my PCP gave me take care of it.

How are you doing?
I wish I could say I was doing great but I can't. My trial went so well and my hope was off the charts that the permanent device would be as successful but that's not the case.

I am itchy too - still have all my original dressings on so at least that prevents me from trying to scratch the wounds themselves. Two of my 3 leads were not giving any pain or sensation relief at their highest settings. I am going to Rush tomorrow (Thurs.) to meet with the St. Jude's rep to try to figure out what's going one. And now my remaining lead has completely shut down.

So I am somewhat depressed. My equipment isn't working and consequently all of my pain has returned.

I hurried to have the surgery before the end of the year b/c my out-of-pocket costs with insurance had been met. I am worried I will need to have this all re-done.

I came down with a nasty cough after surgery and I am worried that my extreme coughing may have dislodged something.

2018 has to be better.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (01-04-2018), RSD ME (01-19-2018)