View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 10:49 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Did you use our site search for past posts?
https://www.neurotalk.org/search.php

Peripheral nerve surgery ?? - with RSD/CRPS if I recall from past reading , it is not the actual nerve causing the pain.. it is more of a brain sensory neural issue..
Plus any surgery may cause RSD to spread...

It's why amputation for RSD limbs does not stop the pain sensations..
Others here might be able to explain it better, or web search a lot before you think about that kind of surgery..

A few did have wrong diagnosis of RSD/CRPS or had secondary factors, like pinched nerves or other nerve issues..
One member went years thinking they had RSD in ankle , finally went to a chiropractor and ankle was adjusted and fixed the problem..
It is important to rule out anything that can be ruled out by testing, blood work, bodywork or adjustments...

Explore our sticky threads for saved information & links to other good info sites..
The Dr that my husband saw is Tim Tollestrup .

"The peripheral nervous system, which encompasses all the nerves in the human body outside of the skull and bony spine, sends signals to the brain, which is how people experience pain. Tollestrup says he can often pinpoint the source of a patient’s pain by identifying damaged, pinched or stretched nerves.

Because imaging studies do not reveal most nerve problems, Tollestrup combines a physical examination with his knowledge of peripheral nerve anatomy to make a good diagnosis.

“(It) allows me to identify the injured nerve and formulate an appropriate surgical procedure to correct the problem,” he says. “Once I’m inside I can see a nerve is swollen or larger than normal … another abnormality is that the nerve becomes infiltrated with fat tissue.”

“The vast majority of CRPS patients are just people who have one or more injured peripheral nerves, which no one has been able to diagnose,” Tollestrup says. “It required two separate operations to address all of the nerve pathology in Jason’s right leg. The operations basically consisted of multiple nerve decompression surgeries.”

" Either through peripheral nerve decompression — where he creates space for nerves to function properly — or by segmental denervation, which involves cutting a nerve to interrupt the pain response, Tollestrup says he is often able to eliminate chronic pain."

Peripheral nerve surgery offers relief from chronic pain – Las Vegas Review-Journal

Nevada Nerve Surgery: Dr. Tim Tollestrup's Surgical Options for Pain

"Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, CRPS, formerly known as RSD Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, is a progressive disease of the Autonomic Nervous System, and more specifically, the Sympathetic Nervous System. "

What is CRPS? What is RSD? - American RSDHope

Thank you for the link and the info.

Last edited by Alice P; 01-03-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Alice P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-13-2018)