Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 03:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctant@thetable View Post
I wish I could say I was doing great but I can't. My trial went so well and my hope was off the charts that the permanent device would be as successful but that's not the case.

I am itchy too - still have all my original dressings on so at least that prevents me from trying to scratch the wounds themselves. Two of my 3 leads were not giving any pain or sensation relief at their highest settings. I am going to Rush tomorrow (Thurs.) to meet with the St. Jude's rep to try to figure out what's going one. And now my remaining lead has completely shut down.

So I am somewhat depressed. My equipment isn't working and consequently all of my pain has returned.

I hurried to have the surgery before the end of the year b/c my out-of-pocket costs with insurance had been met. I am worried I will need to have this all re-done.

I came down with a nasty cough after surgery and I am worried that my extreme coughing may have dislodged something.

2018 has to be better.
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it's something they can resolve easily. Will be praying for you that they are able to figure it out tomorrow. I have been so worried about messing up my leads but in my opinion there are just so many things out of your control. Even the way I had a hard time sitting or laying down because of the back pain i was so worried that would cause problems.

The pain clinic finally did follow up after the st judes rep talked to them. I had to email pictures and then one of the fellows called me back. He said it might be an allergic reaction to the tape but that it also could be an infection. They called in more antibiotics and want me to increase the dose from 2x per day for 7 days to 3x per day for 10 days. He said better safe than sorry so better to treat with antibiotics just to make sure. Said to take more pics and call back if it gets any worse.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-19-2018)