Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
My incisions didn't get infected but did itch terribly and this really did help: Amazon.com: Anti-Chafing Sports Salve, all natural anti-fungal, best remedy for chafing, rash, and skin fungus: Health & Personal Care

BTW, I'm not sure you use them, but 4% Lidocaine Patches are available over the counter by Salonpas and Aspercreme for less than $2 a patch. Insurance companies seem to be regularly refusing even generic 5% patches and out of pocket from Costco they're $150 for a box of 30.
I do use Lidocaine patches. So far I haven't had any issues with getting them approved by insurance and my last ones had a $0 copay. The itching I expected with my incisions...but not the red bumps and welts that surrounded the incisions and THAT was what was driving me totally batty. Like...there was itching prior to the removal of the bandages and replacement of the steristrips and that seemed like normal healing itchiness. But then I developed the red bumps and welts surrounding the incision and about 6 inches around it about a week after the bandage removal. That has improved since I started taking the antibiotics.

The itchiness on my legs and those bumps and welts are still pretty bad though...so maybe that is just from dryness and is unrelated to what was happening on my back. I will look into that salve though for sure. Thanks.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-19-2018)