View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Question Undiagnosed neurological condition - is it common?

Hello,

My partner has an undiagnosed neurological condition. Doctors ruled out all the 'common' diseases and said they could do more testing but whatever it would turn up being, would be incurable anyway.

I find it hard to accept that and I wish it was properly diagnosed so I'd know "how it will end" and I can prepare myself ahead, but my partner doesn't want to, which I respect.

How often is it that neurological conditions go undiagnosed?

Symptoms my partner has are: difficulties in swallowing, shaking hands and body, pain in right leg when going up stairs or walking too much, neurons "firing" painfully in right leg and arm, general body pain, painful reaction to being touched 'lightly', loss of sense of moisture, temperature and touch in certain part of their body, and I've seen their whole body 'twist' uncontrollably for a few seconds once but apparently it's happened before a few times.

I don't know anything about neurological conditions but what they're going though is sufficiently much that I wish it had a 'name' so I could read about it and truly understand what's going on...

Thank you
Tattie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-06-2018)