View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 02:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
As for me, on a more positive note, a recent scan of my liver shows that my fatty or alcoholic liver shows reversal and blood tests show the enzymes are now within normal limits. As bad as PN is it could always be worse.
Yup, I only had fatty liver too, and after 6 months it was 100% healthy again. Livers are funny mysterious things. Even docs don't know all it's functions, but it's a very very important organ. Fatty liver is not so much alcohol as sugar (well, glucose) related BTW (alcohol is fermented sugar). 6 year old kids living on orange juice and sodas have fatty livers these days...
The liver can't process the excess glucose and starts to store it. That's why it gets "fatter".

It gets bad when there is scarring. Yours will be like new, so yes, that is good news (and again, you are being impatient. )

Pain is one thing, but as Icehouse showed: with time, from wheelchair to cane to walking without too much trouble. So that will get better too, but that's at 6 years, not 6 months. That's 12 times the sober time you have, so you have a lot of time still to improve. Not saying that to belittle your 6 months, heavens no! But to put it into perspective. You have about 9% of his sober time. It will go in small steps, but it will happen.

And yes, as you noticed: talk about it. Writing it out helps. Knowing that people will read it, will recognize and understand, helps.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (01-08-2018), PamelaJune (01-08-2018), SecondChances (01-08-2018)