View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to say, i don't know of any neuros experienced with Sjogren's in California. But I will say to stay away from Mayo...they don't have a clue about autoimmune diseases (especially Sjogren's) and the neurological impact. I have never heard any positive feedback from someone who went to Mayo with Sjogren's. I went there for 10 days and it was a waste of time, with exception of one physician that helped with my primary immune deficiency and IVIG dosing. But this was a separate condition being evaluated while I was there.

My best advice is to 'interview' (for lack of a better word) prospective physicians. Literally, call offices and discuss with the office staff (you have to get a head nurse or PA) and ask about the specialties of the physician...and if they have experience with Sjogren's. Most offices (good ones) will take the time to talk to you as they don't want to waste the doctors time either with patients coming in with conditions the doctor doesn't know much about or treat.

Also, go online and research profiles of prospective physicians. They usually have mini bios on the office website. You can learn a lot about the interests of the doctor and areas of expertise.

Hope this helps.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote