View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DB is suicidal. Everything indicative of 2011 repeat. I have asked him to phone me instead of messaging. I will suggest he go to rehab before he starts the new dog training. New dog arrives today. I will offer to take DD1 & care for him. I can do no more. The messages I get of late are sad, they mention he knows he has to sort himself out & he needs to be sober in order to move on from his current life. BO is a brilliant enabler. Her answer to his crisis is place another cider in his hands. I know she knows drinking will kill him. He is already vomiting & his stomach burning every day. I will put everything aside (not mention her or drinking) & try to get him to talk about his depression. His family are unaware we have separated & are in the UK. He has no one here.

I vividly remember being sceptical when my sister went through the exact same thing with her ex husband months after he left her. I remember saying why do you care, & her answer was as is mine. I’m all he has in this country & I have to be caring to save his life. I’m not doing what she did, her answer was to smother him & put her life on hold. Mine will be rehab. End of.
eva5667faliure (01-10-2018), ger715 (01-10-2018), kiwi33 (01-09-2018)