View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Frown Same issue

I recently had the third molar extracted and the root broke off in land was pushed into my maxillary sinus. This was Friday dec 29 2017. He continued to prep and put in a temporary bridge but didn’t prescribe antibiotics because I had been on severalthe prior month due to ear infections. The first few days I experienced normal pain after a extraction. However I began to notice increasing discomfort. The Friday following the extraction I woke up in horrible pain with my right nostril congested and a foul tase in my mouth. through the coarse of the day I noticed a foul odor in my nose and a thin mucus started leaking from my nostril. It smells and tastes horrid. That night at 2:30am I went to the hospital where I didn’t receive much attention other than being prescribed augmenten and told it was a sinus infection. I’ve been on the antibiotics 4 days with no relief.
I went for my post ol exam and the dentist was finally able to see the root tip in the x-ray and set me up with the oral surgeon and had me get a 3D X-ray done so the surgeon would know how to proceed. What worries me is the puss like stuff coming from my sinus I have done sinus rinses and had some relief however today it’s hurting much worse. It hasn’t stopped even with the antibiotics. My first fear was dry socket but the extraction sight hasn’t been tender more than expected and I can’t see anything because of the temporary bridge.

To say the least I am frightened about the procedure I am scheduled to have this coming Saturday. I am afraid it is pretty invasive but not knowing yet if he will have to go through my pallet or the check side I don’t know how much so it will be. Then comes the fact that I frankly can’t afford another procedure after spending so much on the original process of extraction and bridge.
Brucejb86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote