View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 03:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my story regarding B vitamins

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted on NeuroTalk. I thought I'd share my experience of using (mainly) Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6).

Here is my story:

I had my first seizure at two weeks old. I spent the first five months of my life in and out of hospital. Doctors were mystified by my illness. None of the ‘normal’ antiepileptic drugs that were administered had any positive effects. At this time I was having many ‘different types’ of seizures a day some of which went status. Countless tests were being done including, EEGs, lumber punctures… etc. A top paediatrician from the main city hospital told my mother that he was going to a meeting. He said he would talk about me in the hope that someone there would be able to help us. At this meeting there was a professor who was doing research into childhood epilepsy. He suggested a trial of Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6). Pyridoxine Hydrochloride was administered (I was almost five months old). Within two to three days my mother noticed a big difference in me. I’d stopped having severe seizures. Because of the positive effects that Pyridoxine had on my seizures doctors slowly weaned me off all the antiepileptic drugs (this was back in 1970-71). I’ve been prescribed Pyridoxine Hydrochloride on a daily bases ever since.

I was still experiencing my (mainly photosensitive) aura when taking vitamin B6 only, so in 1990, with my doctor's consent, I included a multi B complex tablet to my daily medication. This stopped my aura.

'PNPO Deficiency' has now been confirmed via a genetic test.

Regards,

Andrew

**DO NOT ALTER ANY MEDICATION WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR'S CONSENT**
VitamanB6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote