View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
I am 99% sure they can help with both, but that is why they find my case unique...the no pain thing.
That one had puzzled me from the beginning of your first messages too. The way I understood PN (and the people I know or met) it's usually sensory first, motor skill "second", joining in a a later stage. Having only motor skill problems is indeed rare.

On the other hand, I can't explain how I can walk without any visible problems without properly feeling where my feet "are". Try knitting with a sleeping arm for instance.

Of course, not all feeling is gone, and that became clear when they gave me an epidural a few weeks back. Then you really feel how awful it is to have no feeling at all from your legs. It was scary even - although I knew it was just for another 10 minutes. Yet, even though I should not have been able to feel *anything* at that time, I did still feel some tingle from the place that usually hurts most. Part of the whole PN thing is in the brain, not just the physical nerves - is my guess.

(think of people with phantom pains in limbs that were amputated long ago... my buddy in collage had his full leg amputated at 17 after a motorcycle accident, yet he sometimes complained about pain or itches in his toes - which freaked me out at the time! I even thought he was making fun of me.)

And in some way your situation sounds more easily "curable". Fingers crossed!

Edit: I do hope they do the water & electricity thing at separate times.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-11-2018), SecondChances (01-11-2018)