View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member
Member - formerly TT1234

10 yr Member

I second Vania's answer. I used to be incredibly sensitive to the slightest jolts, but after starting an anti-inflammatory diet I improved significantly. I'm still bothered by bumpy car rides and similar activities, as are many on this forum, but not nearly to the extent that I was.

Actually, the one thing I have the most difficulty with is my own footsteps. I have to be extremely careful not to let my heel strike hard on the ground or I will feel the jolt travel right up to my head. I look like a fool walking around practically on tip-toes wherever the ground is uneven, but that should the least of my concerns.

I think I agree with Mark that jolts like this are not actually damaging the brain, but they are certainly painful and can bring back a lot of symptoms for a few days. I also agree with Mark that there is a considerable anxiety component here, but I am also pretty sure it's not all anxiety. Invariably when a bump does give me anxiety, the anxiety makes things much worse, but I've also had loads of bumps that didn't give me anxiety but did bring back symptoms.
Carrico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote