View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is a long and exhausting journey to find any help for chronic conditions that cross specialties.

We feel so alone, and doctors can be so arrogant and ignorant, it is criminal.

Again, I stress the importance of Medical Centers. Yes, there will be difficult doctors there, as well. But you have a better chance of finding well educated doctors, and the Medical Centers demand feedback from patients for almost every visit or procedure

I just completed an extensive survey related to recent esophageal treatment I had with anesthesia at a University of North Carolina Medical Center affiliated facility.

The questions included cleanliness and care for my well being. But there was a long section with questions like: Did your doctor tell you what to do if you had nausea and vomiting after your procedure? The the next question: Did you have nausea and vomiting after your procedure.

Trust me, when every single person you deal with KNOWS there will an opportunity for you to give both survey feedback and open-ended comments on your treatment, they will be very careful to treat you well.

I'm sorry you are learning how difficult this is, but it sounds as if you are on your way to treatment and care that will help you.

Regards, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote