Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Saw the dr Wednesday morning and they said everything looked good. They agreed that it was probably either an infection or possibly an allergic reaction to a vindomyacin powder they put in there (never heard of that but I guess it's come up a few times that people have had a reaction to that powder...I'd be skeptical that was it though because 1) I didn't have a reaction until almost 3 weeks after the procedure and 2) the antibiotics cleared it up). They sent me to get some bloodwork to just to make sure all of that looks good.

The doctor wants me to start physical therapy in a week and a half or so (when I'm at 6 weeks post procedure) and then I see my dr again February 21st and we will discuss the possibility of me returned to work (which I am really optimistic about). Obviously I will still have some restrictions because of my arms but will be able to perform my primary job functions once I am able to be mobile and have rebuilt my strength.

I am SO ready to be done with this recovery period...I am just done with it.

Small side note...now that swelling and stuff is gone...I can noticeably feel the battery in my back when I touch there. It's still pretty tender...but that's so weird. This only started the last few days...before then there was still so much swelling I couldn't feel it. It doesn't hurt...it's just weird...and I can't see it or anything just can feel it.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (01-19-2018)