View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 04:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Melly,

It's not cancer. You have an overgrowth of granulation tissue, possibly some splintering bone and possibly infection. You also have a build up of plaque.

Did an oral surgeon remove these teeth? If not, then it would behoove you to consult with an oral surgeon, not a general dentist. You would need your pre op xrays for that consult. I would find an oral surgeon this week and get in asap as the tissue will continue to grow and it's easier to take care of this before that happens. Keep rinsing with the warm salt water, be sure to brush and floss all of your other teeth. If you smoke, stop because that can exacerbate the overgrowth of tissue, and prolong or prohibit the healing.

It's best to eat as healthy as possible... avoid processed foods and sugar. Drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day to stay well hydrated.

Hope this information helps.

Bryanna
Hi there! I'm having a lot of costochondritis pain and my doctor has prescribed prednisone. It has now been one month since my extraction and I wanted to know if it was safe to take? I had heard steroids can really mess with dental surgeries and cause complications. Thank you so much!
Mellymc22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote