Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Catra121. I missed you at the clinic by a day. I was there on Thurs. My pm is out of town so I saw his associate. Dressings and sutures were removed. My incisions are red and have drainage. The doctor told me to keep them open to air, shower daily with an anti-microbial soap and then pat the incisions with peroxide on a sterile gauze pad. Not to worry me any (haha) but... He told me if I start running a fever, get a headache, or stiff neck to come to the emergency room right away. On the positive side, he thinks the redness is a reaction to the dressing and the drainage is from sweating. (We hope.) But to be on the safe side, I am going back in a week- he said standard was 4 weeks. The St. Jude's rep. increased the limits on my generator so I went up on that foot and it has been better. I am still amazed at what they can do. My second lead just started working somehow. The drg representative I met with has a degree in biomedical engineering. Never met someone with that degree before. I had wondered what sort of education they had.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (01-13-2018), RSD ME (01-19-2018)