View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am so very happy! Only you guys could understand what a huge victory that was for me but there is even more to it. Concerts and music venues were my main source of joy and entertainment and I had walked away from that for a long time. Either I was "on the wagon" for the hundredth time or I could not drink socially so I chose to stay home and get drunk by myself. Last night felt like a rebirth of sorts and I felt more like myself than I have in a very long time. I will stay vigilant and if circumstances are not right for next week I will not go but just now I feel very blessed. It wasn't just watching a band, it was like coming home. As I watched everyone drinking I questioned why I couldn't just be normal and drink like normal people but I have always liked being unique and when people called me "eccentric" I thought that a great compliment.... so I will put a happy spin on my alcoholism and will choose to think myself special.
I am so proud of myself! Thanks for letting me share.
SecondChances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
coopster (01-13-2018), Icehouse (01-13-2018), PamelaJune (01-13-2018), Wide-O (01-13-2018)