Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks Doody

Hi Addy - sorry to hear you have the runs

It looks like the chief was placed in a tough position. If they took any type of stand against the police, you know the harassment would continue - at maybe an even higher level. That is, if your cops are anything like ours here - ours have the ways and means to have the last word. But, it also looks a little weak to accept an apology when you know it's not sincere, and the offense will most likely happen again. What does a person do, huh?

How I wish people would begin to care for each other as they would their own - or at least as they would want to be treated themselves.

I've heard the military often refers to Iraq as "Indian country" and insurgents as "savages." One Native American in Iraq (20-yr Army Veteran) was quoted as saying "It made me wonder whose side I was fighting on." It's so sad to see Iraqi children pretending to kill "insurgents" as a form of play, and to hear them say they learned it from us. How will this effect them 10-15 years from now?

Why do we consider it such an honor to destroy another human being? Is a victory still honorable when everyone knows the method to achieve the victory was not?

My husband took me out for a rainbow cone last night. Mmmmmmmm. The place was packed with - you guessed it - kids, parents and grandparents after a soccer match. Those kids were quite excited and loud. I was thankful they were allowed to have some fun without getting pepper sprayed. I suspect it was an honorable victory.

We sat outside and ate our ice cream together, gazing at the trees in a park across the street (it's either a cemetery or a golf course - can't remember). We watched a storm come in, so the skyline above the trees put on a great show for us. The storm gave us enough time to finish our ice cream before it started raining.

Now you got me running all over. It must be contagious - maybe it was the ice cream.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote