View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:04 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default New concussion or anxiety?

Hi all. I don't know if any of you will remember my first post, so to reiterate, I suffered from a concussion in April of 2017, and struggled with recovery being set back by smaller bumps along the way. I am a college freshman, and started my first semester feeling like I was finally over all my symptoms, and went through the semester feeling recovered. I even bumped my head a few times (decently minor bumps) and was able to overcome the anxiety from them and received no symptoms. However, two days ago, (on Thursday), I was at my friends house, and was on my way up the stairs to go to the bathroom. I was running up the stairs, and was unaware of the low ceiling above me, and hit the top of my head pretty damn hard. It hurt enough for me to crouch down for a few seconds after, in shock from the blow. In the two days after, I have had a minor headache, and just feel a little bit "off". I've tried to just sort of brush it off and not think about it, as I've done when I've had a minor bump before, but I'm afraid that this one might be out of my control, and that I could've received another concussion. I'm worried about this since it was a much harder hit than the others I've endured. Any thoughts and opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
nf2055 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote