View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thank you for all the input thus far. I do check this thread daily looking for responses. It is amazing how much confusing information there is out on the web regarding head injuries. A lot of the articles have conflicting point of view and it makes it hard to weed out what is helpful to us personally.

My daughter's narcotic is vicodine which is working fairly well. It does keep the pain at a tolerable level which has allowed her to start eating and drinking again. We were worried about her wieght loss and dehydration but they are resolving now.

She is also sleeing through the night without needing a middle of the night dose of medication and is starting to wean off the vicodine so she is not taking it as often.

Her headaches are non-stop, she is never totally pain free but at least she is functional again. Good news is she has not vomited in two days nor is she continuing to need the zofran. That is a huge relief and also helps with the return of her appetite.

The information about her neck is good and I will look into that. They did examine her neck and she said she had zero pain and she was able to move it normally but no xrays or anything. So it is worth getting a second opinion there.

Right now she is on orders to be a "coach potato" from her neuro doctor. It works because she isn't up to moving around too much but she is getting around the house okay. She is starting to complain of boredom so my parents dropped off some arts & crafts stuff for her if she feels she can focus on it. She can't read since her vision is still blurry.

So things have been better for the last two days. I hope they can continue. Thanks for sharing your stories and advice. I am learning a lot quickly.

For those still reading this thread please feel free to share any ideas or stories. It really does help to hear other peoples experiences to know what she is experiencing is normal given the injury.

I will update the post to keep people informed. Thank God for places like this where we can share and learn from each other.

Once things are settled I plan to write up a letter about what my daughter went through and mail it to every soccer club I can find to stress the importance of the Full 90 headgear and what to do if a player gets hit in the head. There is so much I would hace done differently with what I know now but at least others can learn from this.
RugratX2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote