View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 10:24 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Stubborn symptom, or questionable diagnosis?

This is my first thread on neurotalk.

I am making this because two days ago I had been involved in a car accident. My friends and I were going to fast along a windy road and did not notice a stop sign and sharp left turn. We had made contact with a wooden post which saved our lives. If we did not hit the post we would have gone off a 200 foot cliff.

I had braced for the impact and thankfully did not hit anything but the headrest behind me. I was sitting in the rear left passenger seat of the vehicles Nothing was wrong with me although I did have a minor panic attack and some ringing in my ears after the airbags had been deployed. I did not lose consciousness either.

The driver of the vehicle had received several injuries but everyone else was completely fine as well. Shortly after I checked myself into the ER to see if I had receieved a concussion they said I was fine. My pupils were normal, balanced was sturdy and I was cognitively exceptional. I even went to my neurologist today and she said I was perfectly normal and that I should stop worrying about it.

The problem is that I still have a quite painful headache that has not gone away since the accident.

On February 9, 2017 I received a TBI that has left me with personality changes, anxiety and panic disorder, and dissociation. I know what it feels like to have a TBI but this did not feel like it, the only symptom I have is this terrible headache.
I do currently have minor short term memory loss but it’s incredibly minor and could just be from the distracting pain of the headache. I am wondering if anyone could give me some relief for knowing what the cause of this headache could be and how I can effectively treat or eliminate it. I’m thinking it could be whiplash.

My fear is that this headache will last for a long period of time, I’m only 17 years old and will be starting university soon. I was told to take ibuprofen and have seen only minor relief lasting for a small amount of time.
Logan32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote