Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Logan32,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

It sounds like you may have suffered a whiplash injury and maybe an ear injury from the airbags going off. Jo*mar gave you good advice.

I am concerned about something else. You anxiety reaction to this accident suggests you need some help in learning how to manage your anxiety reactions. University is full of stress and anxiety triggers.

There are many things you can learn to help you cope with stressful events. A Neuro Psychologist may be able to help you find some resources. Learning how to deal with your personality changes will be important. Having rescue techniques to resolve panic attacks will also be important.

Regarding your headache, you may need to ask to increase your ibuprofen dose. If the pain level is manageable, it would be good to learn to endure it. Many of us have experienced chronic headaches that we learn to tolerate at lower levels.

Your headache could be resolved with proper treatment for whiplash, too.
Thanks for your suggestion, I have been seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist for several months and making progress on dealing with my stress. I have attempted to increase my ibuprofen consumption but it has caused stomach pains so I am attempting to refrain from a further increase in dose.
Logan32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote