View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My situation is very similar to yours.

I've done contact sports for the most part of my life.

I got my last concussion when I was boxing sparring with someone who was very new to boxing. We were supposed to go light, maybe at 50%, so we had no head gear, just gloves.

As it happens with a lot of new boxers, he got frustrated at some point and couldn't (or wouldn't) control how hard he was hitting, and it was a combination of him putting his full weight (he was quite a bit heavier than me) and me walking into his punch that led me to this last concussion.

I didn't really have any symptoms (or so I thought) for the first day or so, except for a headache, and later on it started getting worse and I was on the PCS roller-coaster.

Long story short, nowadays I'm trying to convince anyone who will listen to quit any kind of contact sport where you're repeatedly getting hit in the head, like boxing.

I strongly suggest that you stop, if you think you have it rough now, trust me it is going to only get WAY worse.

Currently I'm 5 years out from my last concussion and can barely do a very simple part-time minimum wage job driving cars around for a car rental company.
June 2013 - accidentally bumped my head against a deck railing, and had a month-long setback.
November 2013 - drove to work after a big snowstorm and the roads were very rough, ended up having another setback.
2014 - Having setbacks after coughing/sneezing too much, or someone slapping me on the back, or any other significant jarring.
Feb 2014 - Started seeing Atlas Orthogonal chiro - most helpful doc so far.
June 2014 - Two months of physical/visual therapy - no noticeable improvement.
September 2014 - Diagnosed with Perilymph Fistula in right ear.
November 2014 - Fistula surgery (switched to left ear before the surgery after additional testing).
January 2016 - Quit work to "work" on figuring out PCS, so far it seems that eyes/vision issues are the most contributing factor, especially computer work.

Current symptoms are: inconsistent sleep patterns, headaches, vertigo/dizziness, anxiety/panic attacks, mental fog/problems with concentration, problems with computer screens.
russiarulez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (01-17-2018)