View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoClay View Post
His tremors have decreased by about 50%, but he has picked up some mouth and head dyskinesia that he didn't have before. But, since he is still on his regular meds, the programmer says this is not unusual. He has his next appointment in 3 weeks and they will decide if and when his meds can be decreased and by how much. We realize this is a trial and error process and not to expect an overnight result, but it's hard not to get anxious.
Hi Jo Ann, The lesioning effect which I'd say has been explained to you both will settle in a while and it will then probably be easier to get a more accurate program setting.
Since he's not seeing any of the DBS team for 3 weeks if it were me (and I've done this) I'd reduce the meds a little.
For example if he's taking say 100mg levodopa 3 hourly try reducing it just a little to 75 or 50mg around the time a dose usually has been causing this new dyskinesia and go from there.
I hope he gets a patient programmer which he can adjust up and down himself (within a certain range) later on.
Best wishes
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Canna (01-18-2018), JoClay (01-19-2018)