View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello Tom

I am one with persistent, non-vertigo dizziness and tinnitus too. Unfortunately, I have had many doctors tell me that those of us with the persistent dizziness after concussion often take the longest to heal. I am going on 4 years since my injury with this last year being the best as far as dizziness goes. I say this not to discourage you, because I know it sounds like a long time, but to let you know that it does get better - it just may take a long long time.

Unfortunately, not all vestibular therapists are created equal. If you are not seeing improvement with your current therapist, you might search for one that is more specialized in vest. therapy. I was lucky to find a clinic in my area that employs PHD-level therapists that are all specialized in vest. therapy.

As Mark said, sometimes vision therapy can help and working on the neck can help. Have you been evaluated for cervicogenic dizziness? That could also be a source of your dizziness. This past year I received treatment for cervicogenic dizziness due to cervical instability from a very skilled PT, and it helped a lot. I personally did not like or benefit from chiropractic.

Other things that helped me with dizziness were acupuncture, going on a very strict diet of only protein and lots of vegetables (no gluten, no dairy, no sugar), not working, reducing any stress as much as possible, meditation, and light to moderate cardio exercise.

Unfortunately this process involves searching for the right kind of therapies, providers and lifestyle choices that help you. It can be frustrating, but there is hope.

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TomAce994 (01-18-2018)