View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

first time poster in this thread. i have cidp. twas moving along slowly for about a decade until last year at this time, i met a girl and we drank up a storm for 3 months, a bottle of wine each per night, sometimes more. suddenly my symptoms got worse. more numbing of my feet and calves and extreme muscle atrophy in calves, which now have very little muscle at all.

at that point, i started taking antabuse, which worked very well until i broke up with the girl this past christmas. i went off the antabuse and back on the booze. everything is getting worse.

until the beginning of winter, i could stand and balance on a stand up paddle board. three months ago, that ability went away, so i bought a sit-on-top kayak and that went well for five sessions, then i found i could not balance on that even sitting down.

a year ago, i did not need a cane. i do now. a year ago, i could walk w/out my legs giving way. happens semi frequently now.

i'm drinking about a bottle of vino a day now (except when i go on a stupid fireball binge) and every morning i feel a tiny bit more numbness creeping around. i am planning to try to quit on sunday. antabuse.

one problem is have is saying to myself, you're done for with a wheelchair in your future so give up and keep on drinking, cause why the hell not at this stage?
so, that's my story.

should i read all of part 1? are there any very important posts that i should try to find or that someone could post a link to?

thanks.
linter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-19-2018), Icehouse (01-19-2018), kiwi33 (01-19-2018), PamelaJune (01-19-2018), SecondChances (01-19-2018), Wide-O (01-19-2018)