View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
I will only add that the earlier pages offer advice as to vitamins supplements which may aid in the regeneration of nerves. I suspect much of my PN issues were not only the poisoning effect of the alcohol but poor nutrition as well, which is often an issue with alcoholics. To this day my brain still confuses hunger with the need/desire to drink.

Originally I went on a program with vitamins supplements for PN which were suggested by Mrs. D. You may look under some of her older post regarding PN. They certainly are worth using as well.

Doing some of the exercises recommended by The Foundation For Peripheral Neuropathy can also help keep your body from even more decline.

Motivation may help with the brain confusing signals. I mentioned sometime back my heavy 2 1/2 pks. a day cigarettes. For quite sometime, something would set this off in my head a flashing desire to have a cigarette even after having stopped for months, years.

It's still an addiction that has been compared to the nicotine being as addictive as cocaine and as difficult to stop. I never thought it would happen. But I know; if I take only 1 cigarette; it will be all over. There's no such thing as only 1 cigarette or 1 drink, etc.

Hang in there.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-19-2018), PamelaJune (01-19-2018)