View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone. My case manager couldn't come because it would have taken her whole work day. It's 50 minutes to, and 50 minutes back from the hospital. I was there for about 5, and 1/2 hours.

The only people who I met were the team of people one, by one assigned to me. I didn't meet any of the other people in the class. There were only several people.

I don't understand where this illness came from unless it were the PPI anti-acid medications. I don't remember any relatives to have ever developed Kidney Disease.

All of my support people have passed away. My mother,dad, and sister have all passed away. My life long best friend has passed away. I had people who were close to me, but they are in a different region of the state, and that was a long time ago. My medical team were asking about this. They said do you have anyone who could drive you to the hospital in the middle of the night? This was in case a kidney was available for me. I could not think of anyone who would do that for me. I thought about this later. I could drive out there. I don't know what they could do about moving my car, after I would be operated on. I'm concerned about my cat.

The surgeon in the group said he could perform a biopsy, and take a sample of one, or both of my kidneys. For dialysis they have to insert something under my skin into my arm I think. I think this thing stays in my arm during, and between periods of dialysis. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-20-2018), Dmom3005 (01-20-2018), Mari (01-20-2018), mymorgy (01-20-2018), OhKay (01-20-2018)