View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been dealing with dizziness ever since my last concussion. It seems to come and go now.

I think that most of my dizziness has to do with my vision issues (but it's just a guess). For example if I go for a walk in the woods I feel dizzy or unsteady, but if I go for a hike in the mountains where there are no trees around me, I feel fine.
I do get dizzy and feel worse in busy places, like Costco for example.

Driving makes me dizzy, I feel fine while driving (although my eyes do struggle at times, but I don't feel dizzy) but after I get home and sit down I feel dizzy and need to take an hour sitting still for it to go away.

I've had various therapies with no improvement so far.
June 2013 - accidentally bumped my head against a deck railing, and had a month-long setback.
November 2013 - drove to work after a big snowstorm and the roads were very rough, ended up having another setback.
2014 - Having setbacks after coughing/sneezing too much, or someone slapping me on the back, or any other significant jarring.
Feb 2014 - Started seeing Atlas Orthogonal chiro - most helpful doc so far.
June 2014 - Two months of physical/visual therapy - no noticeable improvement.
September 2014 - Diagnosed with Perilymph Fistula in right ear.
November 2014 - Fistula surgery (switched to left ear before the surgery after additional testing).
January 2016 - Quit work to "work" on figuring out PCS, so far it seems that eyes/vision issues are the most contributing factor, especially computer work.

Current symptoms are: inconsistent sleep patterns, headaches, vertigo/dizziness, anxiety/panic attacks, mental fog/problems with concentration, problems with computer screens.

Last edited by russiarulez; 01-20-2018 at 03:58 PM.
russiarulez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote