Thread: Started IVIG
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 02:16 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Side effects of IVIG?

Day two of the infusion went well, or so I thought. I finished up around 1:00pm and continued to drink plenty of water through the evening. In the middle of the night, I had uncontrollable shaking and was very cold. I had a massive headache and could not warm up. My husband added another blanket and gave me Tylenol. My temperature was 99.7 which surprised me because I thought for sure it would be below normal. I’ve never had a headache like this in my life. Even my neck hurt. By morning, I was contemplating going to the ER as my voice became slurred, had double vision, couldn’t open my mouth and my temperature had risen to 100. My husband found a website which categorized IVIG side effect symptoms according to severity and it stated a temperature below 101 is considered a mild side effect. I tried ibuprofen to help the headache and it helped over many hours. I stayed in bed the entire day, sleeping on and off. By evening, I could finally shower and get a proper meal in me. Is this normal? I’m not sure I want to continue with a treatments whose side effects are worse than the disease. Please share your experiences with IVIG side effects.
Barbi-girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote