Old 01-21-2018, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for your reply Little-paw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello and Welcome Kirsti

22 years! you are quite a warrior.

I have had ultrasound guided injections of steroid + lidocaine to my tibial and plantar nerves. They were done by a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation doctor who is certified in peripheral nerve ultrasound.

Mine were done partly to address surgical scar tissue to try to make some room in there but also to calm the nerves down. I did find them helpful. I had them pretty early on but it gave me a break and let me rehab better. It took something of a series of them. I had at least three. You gotta watch for atrophy in the injection area due to steroid with repeats.

Having the ultrasound guidance makes the injection much safer and better targeted. Of course there are risks with anything but the fact that the doc and I could both see the nerve on the screen made me much more comfortable than if it had been done blind.

I wish the best with whatever you decide is best for you.

Sending healing thoughts and soft hugs,

I'm curious whether or not I have both the CRPS and the neuroma. After 22 years they say I have a different type of CRPS and that if they can get the neuroma under control I will be healed! But I didn't get much relief at all from the first injection.
Thanks again.
Be well!
Kirsti
kirsti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-21-2018)