View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I said non-resting means low stress activities. 15 minutes of pushing on a bike is not low stress. Heart rate (bpm) is a good indicator of stress level. If you can pedal at 100 bpm for 15 minutes but get symptoms at 120 bpm, pedal at 110 bpm.

YOU need to discover what your tolerance levels are. But, lounging with your music all day is not good. If 15 minutes on the bike left to out of it for just a few minutes but you recovered soon after, that is fine. If it causes a headache that last for a substantial time, reduce your effort the next time.

I row for 10 to 20 minutes at 26 to 28 strokes per minute (2000 to 4000 meters). When I get off the rower, I am a mess for 2 minutes or so. I get a sip of water and 5 minutes later I am kicking butts at the ping pong table.

Mayo is wrong about mental and physical rest until you are recovered. Mild activity, both physical and mental is important.

As an anxious person, you have a doubly hard recovery because you stress your brain thinking about your concussion. The researchers have documented how anxiety makes recovery take longer.

You need to find low stress activities to keep you mind and body occupied.

There is a huge gap between pushing yourself to the max and rest. Find a low stress spot in the middle.

There is a lot of low stress online content. YouTube How To videos that teach everything under the sun tend to be slow and low stress. I like to watch blacksmithing, coach building, timber frame building, homesteading and many other genres. It can be quite interesting to learn the old school ways things were and still are made. If the background music is too harsh, I just turn it down.

If you go to the chiro, ask if he has gentle neck techniques. Most chiros are too aggressive when the adjust the neck of people with PCS.

When you reply, use the Post Reply button at the lower left. The button at the lower right quotes the prior post and is a pain to scroll past.

You need a lot of curcumin extract to get a benefit. The B-Complex may be weak on some Bs. Post the dosages in it. D-3 should be added, especially for winter in Norway.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote