View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Neuropathy and nerve regeneration

Hi this is my first time posting 😊I had back pain for years and hurt my hip last April and I ended up with sciatica. Had MRI and sciatica nerve was compressed on the left side and being touched by the disc on the right side. Had physio and exercise and it thankfully cleared up. However I have since always had a bit of tingling. Anyways about 2 1/2 weeks ago I got extreme tingling and I went go gp who said it could be side effect of a med I had been taking for 3 months (effexor). So I came off it (it was very low dose 37.5mg). I went back into gp a few days later as I had now developed burning in my feet and a bit in the calves. I also had cramping/spasm type pain. He did a neuro exam on me, reflexes, vibrating tool, sensitivity test, also did straight leg raise test and he did bloods. Everything fine and he told me it would be viral as I had a cough. He is probably careful what he says to me as I have anxiety. Now is till have the pains. The left leg is worse than the right leg and I'm wondering if it could be nerve regeneration after reading up on it. If I need or cough at it doesn't recreate the pain and if I walk it feels better. Sitting is worse. I also have a but of burning in the glutes. So I'm wondering did anyone else have this or similar? Gp offered me gabapentin but I'm not taking it. The pain is not nice but bearable nd obviously mad worse by the anxiety. Thanks 😊
Annkm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote