Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 12:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Thank you all for your kind words and support.

Today was my first physical therapy session and I found it extremely exhausting...lol. Lots of stretching and laying down exercises which I was not expecting. They were all hard...but good hard...but one involves me holding a strap and that really hurt my hands. It's one of my home exercises so I'm going to see if j can rig up something at home that doesn't hurt my hands so much...or even if wearing gloves will help. After my laying down stuff I did 8 minutes on a stepper (the kind where you sit...not the standing one) and that was ok...maybe a little too easy actually...but then again we will see how my muscles feel later today/tomorrow.

All in all...very happy with how the day has gone and with how things are progressing. Since getting home I got to take my first hot bath in 6 weeks...woohoo!!! That felt NICE. Then I've continued my regular laps around the dining room and even took a short walk outside. Hopefully I'm not overdoing it...I don't feel like I am but I know it's a lot for one day. I'm just so excited to be able to move and really want to get released back to work at my next doctors appointment...but I know that will take a lot of hard work and commitment to the therapy.

Back is feeling pretty good. Still not 100% healed and burns a little if I bend or stretch my back...but other than that and being a little tender it doesn't feel bad at all.
Poor you! My hands started to join in the CRPS party, so I know what you are dealing with. I noticed they were painful and were very red after I attended a balance class, where the stretchy bands were used. I have to watch not to grip my cane too tightly and I try not grip the handlebars of the recumbent bike I use at the gym. I hope you find a solution.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (01-25-2018), RSD ME (01-27-2018)