Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 11:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just a quick update on physical therapy. Friday was day 3 of PT (doing 3 days a week). A few exercises were easy and I almost wish I had kept my mouth shut about it because what they had me do instead was way too hard. I did it...but it was too much and I have been paying for it. Flare up in my leg to about a 6 and still feeling that a day later. Plus...my hips hurt really bad...Both of them. So I think that last thing was just way too much. The good news is...I don't know that that exercise is anything like anything I will ever have to do in the course of a normal day...dangling my foot off a ledge and doingn forward, sideways, and backwards motions 10 times each. Yeah...no. I'll make sure to tell the therapist all this on Monday. Hopefully the pain is back to baseline by then because with the hip pain I haven't really been able yo do moat of my exercises and I'm pretty religious about doing them so I'm very frustrated to not be (I did try but the hip pain was intense and abnormal so I stopped).

Aside from the PT issues from friday...everything is going well with my treatment. Life with a 3 yr old makes recovery difficult at times...I somehow ended up with a very tiny elbow getting me in the back right on the one incision...that hurt...but no damage done other than a little pain for about 30 minutes (Advil took care of it).

BUT overall I just cannot stress how much this has changed things for me. Still have terrible pain in my upper body and I'm not free and clear in the leg either...but the pain in my leg is just so much less that I feel like I could walk for miles...if it wasn't so cold outside. But I do continue my laps around the dining room table each day even with the hip and flare up pain...albeit perhaps a bit slower these last couple of days...and I am so happy with my progress overall.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-28-2018), RSD ME (01-28-2018)