View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 07:54 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencetoy View Post
I went to a TBI group this morning. I used to enjoy this group, but the guys I liked have left.

Anyway, they had this person who was going to talk about "the good things about brain injury" This person was fantastically wealthy and ended up talking about how his brain injury allowed him to leave his impressive but stressful job and stay home being totally taken care of by his family.

It bothered me that he did so much bragging about how much better he is than the rest of us.

I feel bad for anyone with a brain injury, but I did not appreciate being told that he's managing his TBI so much better than anyone else.

The best thing about my brain injury is that I survived it. So far.

Am I just too sensitive about this stuff? I don't think I'll ever go back to this group.
^that would bother me, honestly but i'm also a really sensitive person. yeah i wouldn't want to go back either. i'd have felt. Compared to. comparing doesn't help anyone but........it's hard not to do that. [well for me it is anyway.].

To use an analogy: one person might really like purple. another might not they might really like..........green. But that doesn't mean that green is somehow superior, in some way to. purple if that makes sense.

No I know what you mean. The best thing about this is that I *did* survive. [i also apparently have spinal issues. but what's amazing about that. is i'm actually physically able to do things.]. and thank god I survived. and nothing else happened. [well ok. nothing worse.]. i'm.....wow amazed.

anyway.
anne12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote