Thread: DRG Treatment
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 02:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The exercises aren't about having you do motions you do in real life, they are about strengthening and stretching muscles and ligaments you haven't been using in years. My hips are a mess from not walking properly from 2.5 years, so I can only imagine what yours are like from a longer time. Hanging your leg off the side of the table is a stretch of the joint. Moving it around is to build strength. A lot of what they have you do feels odd and painful at first. If it causes a flare then you did too much. They should never have you do so much that it flares you. Only up to threshold of a flare, not past. You know that edge when you feel "uh oh, better stop or it WILL flare" That's when you stop. And maybe the next time you can do one more rep than you did the day before. That's how CRPS people progress. We can't do up to tolerance (as much pain as we can handle) cause that reinforces the pain pathways. And causes flares which just slows us down. (And I learned all this from the intensive functional rehab with people who specialize in CRPS, who worked at Stanford).
Becca71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (01-29-2018), catra121 (01-28-2018), RSD ME (01-29-2018)