View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Concussion while sleeping

I think I gave myself a concussion last night while sleeping, against the bed frame. I woke up feeling very bad this morning (strong headache and brain fog), but since I saw no apparent reason I decided to push through this and go to work, as I now do in these cases (I am 14 months into PCS, and was doing much better these last weeks).

However, after an hour or so I felt terrible and I had to go home. I also discovered a bump at the top of my forehead, which is tender, and where the headache is the strongest. My headache also intensifies when I look at screens, which is typically what happened in my previous 2 concussions. In terms of symptoms everything is like day 1 of my previous concussions (strong headache/pressure, brain fog, tiredness, nausea, and sensitivity to screens).

I am thus acting as if it were indeed a new concussion - dark room, complete rest, no screens except for writing this message, for 48 hours. But I am fairly surprised that it is possible to hurt oneself during the night - I would have thought that movements while asleep would be too slow to cause any damage, and, most importantly, that any significant impact would have woken me up, which did not happen. Any thoughts about this?

I should add that my emotions are now all over the place - I was not anxious at all until I discovered the bump, and now I am extremely worried at the thought that this nightmare is happening again.

Many thanks for your advice.
Vania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote