View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
If that rear-ender did not cause your airbag to go off, the forces were not even close to a concussive force. The whiplash may have traumatized your neck and cause muscle tightening that can be problematic.
That's mostly what I'm thinking. I've gained more anxiety through minor head contact over the last year and I'm hoping that the more mental symptoms are just my body reacting to that and not actual physical damage to my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
When looking for neck therapy, it is a crap shoot. No one speciality can provide the proper treatment. As I have said, What worked for me was myofacial release to reduce the neck muscle spasms then gentle traction and mobilization to help the cervical vertebra settle into proper position. Follow this with disciplined behaviors to not stress the neck during sleep.
What do you think about the CATS method? There's a chiropractor** that has a video of her doing some work on a PCS patient on youtube (search "Cranial adjustment C.A.T.S. Turner Method", **

I've also found the "Sports and Spine Therapy of Marin" clinic that seems to prioritize spinal injuries as well

Thoughts from you guys?

Last edited by Chemar; 01-31-2018 at 07:30 AM. Reason: ** admin edit per Neurotalk Guidelines for new members
akelkar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote