View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 06:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile 2 Years

2017 was a good year. It's likely I recovered somewhere in the 13th, 14th, 15th month maybe. I took things slowly at first, using '17 mostly for observation. I'm now off the clonazepam, but still on Zoloft, and seeing just one doctor. I'm trying to get back to my life, only I find I'll have to start anew, as I've decided not to go back to my recycling business. I'd like to determine if I still need the Zoloft, but I'll be facing stressful situations--money,family--so I figure that experiment should be postponed.

Having a sense of humor makes life worth living. It's so important, it may even surpass love or money or family or fame. Those of you feeling down, let me tell you, our emotional state defines the world in which we live . . and, if you've had TBI and you're down or lacking confidence or even hope, question it with everything you've got, for it's well-documented that TBI tips emotions in the direction of anxiety, depression, or anger--and it's fake . . I see a lot of anxious-looking posts around here.

The first thing you might want to work on is what they call coping skills: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) are the two most widely used. These are only to get you through the day (or night), though . . not cures.
brownehn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote