View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I'm 72 oral Surgeon removed, horrible pain, dry socket,damaged nerve help

Nearly 4 weeks ago I had my wisdom tooth removed. The doctor said I needed it removed to put in a implant in the tooth just before it's. The tooth has never caused me any problem I am 72 years old. it was impacted. When he got in it was fused to the Bone. He had to cut it out and it took him over an hour. 30 years ago I had destroyed my TMJ in an accident and they had rebuilt it so I an unable to open my mouth more than 2 finger width. I was left with a dry socket. That seems to be healed at the moment but from my tooth to my jaw there is absolutely the worse shooting pain, like a hot poker. This is been going on now for over 4 weeks and I am screaming nothing touches the pain. He sent me to a PT who seems to think it's the TMJ (they are fruends). I think it is nerve damage of some sort. The dentist seems to be ignoring it. He was packing tooth for 3 weeks but stopped last monday. I am at wit's end please help. I dont think he shiuld have removed that tooth!.....
Happygma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote