View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Michael,

I agree with your statement that it's better left to the individual. I should have said as much. Not everyone is an open book like I am (I'd probably tell you the balance in my checkbook, let alone my measurements!) I would never, ever expect anyone to divulge something that they're not comfortable with.

I think putting it with our signature may help, but the only problem that I foresee is that you would have to open that, particular, post before you knew if you were "talking" to a newbie, a seasoned Veteran, etc.

BUT ... I am also not adverse to doing that.

Hey everyone ... weigh in ... and let us know if this would help, hinder, or is simply not an issue with you.

And, as for fixing my computer problems ... no ... I haven't yet done that, but each of you were helpful, helpful, helpful. My husband is a computer whiz. In fact, we have had 6 computers for years now, before it was even vogue to do so. I kept saying that our dog was going to get his for Christmas. We all have flat screens and the latest upgrade. Yes, we're spoiled. There is a method to his madness, however ... he buys and upgrades parts for his computer, and then passes the "old" stuff on down. The boys get it, first, then our daughter, and eventually me. It's not that I'm last on his list ... it's just that the kids are always clammoring for the latest and greatest and I could care less. In fact, he replaced my monitor with a flat screen, which is nice, but I also had no problems with the last one. My husband, and our 14 year old also have TWO monitors on their desks so that they can be working on one, and browsing on the other.

Because of the above, it makes me 10 times more ignorant ... so when I can get answers from others, I'm thrilled!

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote