View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

jenny,

It means that the problem needs further evaluation AND the sooner the better just in case the implant needs to be removed.

You need a 3D dental scan. Ask you oral surgeon for a referral to a colleague who has that machine.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny8484 View Post
Thank you for your reply! What you wrote here sounds like it could be my case. The bump is near where the tooth's root would have been, its in the lower gum next to where the mouth meets the gums. I had the bump there after the extraction, prior to when the implant was placed. It is not painful but it can definitely be felt. My oral surgeon kept telling me the bone looks good (again basing it on xray). I also mentioned this to my general dentist and she said something like, sometimes this can happen with the root of a tooth is removed.

Does this mean there is a lingering infection and that this needs bump/graft to be removed, as well as the implant?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jenny8484 (02-05-2018)