View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 12:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

mfurest,

OUCH,

Has anybody suggested BOTOX for the nerves in his face?

The Cymbalta may make sex more problematic before it may get better.

I struggle to find things that give me a sense of pleasure. Anhedonia is a symptom of depression and frontal lobe injury. It is hard to tell which is the cause. I would expect his emotions to be all over the map. That is part of the injury. I had to learn to express myself differently. When the feeling do not come naturally, I have to use mechanical thought to form a memorized response. For example, when my wife come home, there is no feeling of 'glad to see you.' but I know that it is a good thing that she is home so I greet her.

This has been a lifelong struggle for me since my frontal lobe injury was in 1965. As a 10 year old, I could not understand why I suddenly lost all of my friends. My mother could not understand why she lost her sweet little boy. I did not start to understand this condition until about 15 years ago.

Learning memorized responses is very helpful. The stimulation received by positive responses to these memorized responses is very good. It appears as if our brains have forgotten how to respond in a pleasurable way and we need to practice to restore those memories.

I don't think the Neurontin is going to make it so he cannot wake up to feed the stove. It is more than Neurontin helps the body let go of tension than it puts the mind to sleep.

I used to have 13 acres next to the National Forest and I used a Case 450 to maintain defensible space and improve the land. I miss my tractor. It was a great way to keep my mind and body active. My Neurontin never stopped me from sensing the room was getting cold and it was time to feed the stove. Rarely did I sleep so deeply that I let the stove burn out.

Cymbalta and the like often take a few weeks to see full effect. Don't expect miracles. The first week may be confusing to you both.

Off to the Y to play ping pong.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote