View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:30 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default mTBI in bed seems unlikely, or does it?

Dear all,

For almost a year I have been having severe migraines and concentration issues for longer periods of time after even slight bumps to the head, although I do not recall any serious injury definitely. For the axiety I have been seeing a psychologist who helped me to regulate my perception on my body, for the better hopefully.

The last two weeks however I have been feeling a lot of symptoms (some of which never before), but struggle to accept a link to a particular cause, because it seems so insignificant. This leaves me confused and now my anxiety is returning slowly.

On Monday the 24 in half sleep, I forced or let my head fall onto the pillow from a short distance and it was stopped a pile of clothes stacked underneath. Immediately after the impact I felt nausea and in shock and disbelief, I returned to sleep.

The next week I had pressure on the spot of the hit and my balance seemed to be shifted slightly forwards. Fortunately I am in between two jobs at the moment, so I could rest the week and see my symptoms completely resolve until the next Monday.

In the early morning of the next Tuesday, also in half sleep my head fell from a small distance onto the matrass or the pillow and I only felt a slight hit. I felt a short offset of nausea, but started fine into the day. The next days I felt increasingly exhausted and overwhelmed and resided from activities by thuesday. Then I began to feel a slight nausea from time to time, in particular triggered by smartphone usage. I also felt mentally slowed down and I felt off, which I interpreted as a slight spacial disorientation. However, the particular symptoms of the week before did not reappear.

As for now I feel better and the feeling off is thank God gone, but I still feel mentally slowed down.

I am afraid I might have sustained a concussion. If I had fallen onto a hard surface and had I not had had psychosomatic symptoms in the past, I would not have so much doubt. But as it is, I wonder how much I might have imagined or could come from an infect, which I feel from time to time. Also I had slight spacial disorientation from at most subconcussive hits, but not so presistent.

I am sorry that I bother you with my story, but I know that amongst whatever symptoms remain, my judgement and attitude towards this will play a major part. And I feel that you of all people have the best understanding of this kind of situation and the clearest view.
Evol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote