View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 09:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Evol,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You did not suffer a concussion hitting a pillow or pile of clothes with your head. Not even a sub-concussive impact.

Your head suffers far greater impact from just walking. Steps and stairs cause even more impact without danger. Coughing, sneezing, turning your head to the side, and more normal movements have more forces.

I'm confused. You said "I wonder how much I might have imagined or could come from an infect, which I feel from time to time. Also I had slight spacial disorientation from at most subconcussive hits, but not so presistent." " triggered by smartphone usage"

Can you explain what you mean?

I saw a doctor because I suspected some of the symptoms could come from an infect, which caused me slight fever only on saturday. She confirmed I had a raised temperature, but it never felt that the nausea could be completely attributed to that. Slight nausea was correlated with smartphone usage and "it felt like coming from the head" rather than from the stomach or as a sign of weakness of the body. (I know doctors can hardly diagnose concussion, even if they are aware).

Once I slammed my lower jaw into my upper jaw while awakening. This caused me to feel weird when going for a walk the next days and headaches. I found it quite absurd and fortunately I did not loose it over that. But it showed me I could develop symptoms in this spectrum without necessarily having to be concerned.

With "imagining symptoms" I mean at least being worsened by my perseption of them. I probably should not have used this phrase, because many here had their symptoms not taking seriously with reference to this formulation. I am sorry.

Even though I try to think about the perception of my body and well-being objectively, this does not always help. My worst case hypothesis is that the clothes were compressed by me sitting on them with elasticity of the pile reduced, but it is unlikely and probably does not make a difference. Even if I measured or calculated the forces, the way the impact felt is still subjective and cannot be traced back.

I found it most important to get an outside perspective. This does not allow me get lost in a cycle of fear, but on the other hand also possibly leads to good advice if I should really need it.

Therefore I am very greatful for your answer and I have a bad conscience, because you have to read through this long text and others have had it worse without getting this support.

This whole "thing" (the last year) has really put things into perspective for me. I really think different now of what a fulfilling life might look like and what I can expect of myself and others. I see the value of human qualities much more clearly now. For that I am also greatful.

All the best to you.
Evol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote