View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Unhappy I'm being denied a kidney transplant.

My doctor, and I were looking at the letter today at his office.

...After careful review it was decided by the team at this time you are not a Kidney transplant candidate due to:

Medical or psychiatric conditions determined not compatible with transplant. Your risk with transplant is determined to be greater than the actual benefit...

It's that word Psychiatric. It's that word. Due to: Medical(Stage 4 kidney disease severe)or psychiatric... That word Psychiatric. Psychiatric. I told my doctor that word has followed me all of my life. Does the word Psychiatric mean I'm less of a human? Does it mean my life is throw awayable. Are they thinking deep down with out realizing "Oh" "He's just a nut." Who's the next candidate?

The stigmatism of being labeled a person with mental illness is still out there. It might keep me from getting a transplant in the future, and I may die from Kidney failure.

I'm still thinking about that word in the letter. That word Psychiatric. It doesn't have anything to do with the need of a Kidney. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-07-2018), Dmom3005 (02-11-2018), Mari (02-06-2018), mymorgy (02-07-2018), OhKay (02-07-2018)